Thursday, February 26, 2015

BROWN - with prints and patterns

I don't know if it's my skin tone or my personality, I happen to own MANY clothes of the BROWN color family. I could make up 100 outfits of this color, if I may exaggerate a little :-) And this is one random combination I came up with recently.


I have BROWNs in many shades, in plain or with prints and patterns as seen in these pics. So this time I decided to play with texture, mixing WOOL + HAIR + SILK in one outfit. (The dress and the backbone of the vest is from wool and the vest's chest is a rabbit fur. And a silk scarf)


Living in the mostly cold part of the earth has made me a master of layering. :-) My skinniness is another advantage in cold seasons, so I can bear 3-4 layers without trouble. Ask me if you need any advice on layering! ;-))

I just did a small research on the brown color:

'Brown is a natural, neutral color that is typically associated 
with the seasons of fall and winter

So that explains it! We have long falls and winters, no wonder I have some bunch of brown items!

'The color brown affects the mind and body by creating feelings of 
wholesomeness, stability, and peace. Brown provides feelings of organization, 
history, and connection, as well as cozy feelings of relaxation and warmth.' 

This might be the reason of my fondness to brown, I do prefer feeling relaxed and comfortable rather than looking dynamic and exuberant when it comes to fashion.

Well, that's all for today. See you around! XO

The Fashion Miner

1 comment: